The Department of Nuclear Medicine of Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University was founded in 1964. With decades of endeavor from our dedicated professionals, it has consistently ranked as one of the top leader in medicine, teaching, scientific research and talent training base in Guangdong Province. We are a thriving developing healthcare department that awarded the winning home for masters and doctoral degrees teaching in Imaging medicine and Nuclear medicine at Sun Yat-sen University, and we are also a training base for resident and specialist physicians in the Department of Medical Imaging of the Health Commission.
Our numerous innovated instruments and equipment include Siemens PET/CT (Biograph mCT.S), SPECT/CT (GE D670), DEXA bone densitometer (GE lunar), and a professional ward for radionuclide therapy. Our experienced expertise work closely with specialized multidisciplinary teams to carry out PET/CT and SPECT/CT imaging diagnosis, bone density measurement and radionuclide therapy on a daily bases. It has played an important role in the diagnosis of tumors, cardiovascular diseases, neuropsychiatric diseases and other functional imaging and standardized radionuclide therapy.
Featured Medical Technology
Featured inspection items:
1. PET-CT imaging: identification of benign and malignant tumors; clinical staging of malignant tumors, evaluation of curative effect, identification of recurrence, necrosis or scar after treatment; judgment of prognosis, looking for primary tumors of metastatic tumors; evaluation of myocardial vitality; epilepsy And the diagnosis of dementia, brain metabolism imaging and brain receptor imaging; diagnosis of inflammatory diseases and evaluation of curative effect, etc.
2. SPECT imaging: including functional evaluation of tumor, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, urogenital, digestive, nervous and skeletal systems. Thyroid function evaluation, looking for ectopic thyroid and thyroid cancer metastases, evaluation of parathyroid and salivary gland function; evaluation of renal function; early diagnosis of bone metastasis; auxiliary diagnosis of gastrointestinal bleeding; evaluation of curative effect and prognosis of coronary heart disease, evaluation of myocardial activity And the differential diagnosis of myocardial diseases.
3. Bone density measurement, diagnosis of osteoporosis, and prediction of the risk of fracture in patients with osteoporosis.
1. Application to treat skin hemangioma: It is simple, economical, effective, and has few side effects. It is also effective for treating skin scars and intractable eczema. Treatment time: Monday to Friday all day
2. Radionuclide therapy for bone metastatic bone pain: Analgesia lasts for a long time, with an effective rate of 90%, and some patients with bone metastases subsided. Treatment time: appointment
3. 32P treatment of blood diseases (polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, etc.). Treatment time: appointment
4. Yunke treats hyperthyroidism-related exophthalmos, rheumatoid arthritis, bone metastases, osteoporosis, etc. Treatment time: appointment
5. 131I treatment of hyperthyroidism and differentiated thyroid cancer, treatment time: appointment
Please make an appointment at the service desk one day in advance!
Scientific Research Results
Teaching: We began to participate in the nuclear medicine theory teaching at Sun Yat-sen University in 1994, and established the nuclear medicine teaching and research section in 1996. We has been engaged in nuclear medicine teaching at different levels, including the Nuclear Medical theory teaching and practice teaching in the 5-year undergraduate program of clinical medicine and the 8-year program of clinical medicine. Besides, we develop the training of resident physicians from all levels of hospitals and the advanced training of primary-level physicians. For continuing medical education, our department is a training base for resident physicians (specialist physicians). For more than 20 years, it has trained more than 200 resident physicians and advanced training physicians.
Scientific research: We constantly summarize and innovate in clinical work, and actively carry out scientific research in combination with difficult problems in clinical practice to find solutions to difficult clinical problems. In recent years, Our team has held over 3 National Natural Science Foundation projects, 1 public welfare fund project of the Ministry of Health, 8 provincial and municipal projects, and 3 school-level projects. We got third prize of Guangdong Science Progress Award and one third prize of Guangdong Medical Research Progress Award. In the past five years, we have published 12 SCI papers as the first author.